Esta Vez Espana or This Time Spain

It's been a really long time since I've written here, a little over 3 years actually. It took me that long to leave the country again which seems ridiculous. This time I am off to Spain but this time it looks a lot different. I am not running off to another country simply to explore it, though I'd really love to be able to. I just needed a change. 

I have spent the three years since leaving Italy living in Colorado Springs, Colorado. It's beautiful, full of life, wonderful people and wonderful coffee and I very quickly made myself part of several communities. I made a home. Colorado Springs brought me to my very first church family and I couldn't be more pleased with where I landed. It brought deep friendships and a meaningful job. I spent two years working for the Salvation Army homeless shelter and while it was the most difficult job I've ever had it was also the most fulfilling. I loved those people dearly, they had my heart.

My soul however, belongs to the world. My wanderlust was itching my feet since I landed back in July of 2013. So I decided to make a change. I started looking at different possibilities such as bible school, going back to college, doing missions and the many different kinds of those. I looked at the peace corps, at backpacking again and jobs across the ocean blue. One day a dear friend who knew I was looking suggested something called G42 Leadership Academy. She really knew nothing about it other than it was in Spain and 6 months long. I immediately blew it off. For one I don't speak Spanish and for two it was for 6 months! That was such a long time! I ignored it.

I found myself on my knees the night of the new year 2016. I was praying and asking God to just let me in on the plan. Assuring Him that if He only told me where I was supposed to go I would. I went to bed that night without an answer, as Pappa very rarely sends me a billboard with the answers. Instead what happened was I could not get away from this idea of G42. I kept getting on the site, watching the videos, doing research and stalking the alumni on social media. I realized I actually really wanted to join this thing. So I applied, and by God's grace I got accepted. It is 25 interns so I feel like it was meant to be.

G42 Leadership Academy is a 6 month long program on the southern coast of Spain in Mijas. It is sent up as a launching pad for people's dreams/ministries. I will be taking classes, doing outreach in surrounding cities and just being part of a very tight community again. A lot of their alumni have gone on to start non-profits, open businesses with Kingdom mindset, and plant churches. 

So that's what I'll be doing. I leave the country on the 20th, in less than 3 days. My family and I are doing a week in Spain and a week in Ireland before I start classes and then I will stay over a week once the program is done just to explore. I am excited and nervous, but ready. I am overjoyed at getting to travel again and optimistic about what the next 7 months will hold for me. I am not fully funded, in fact I'm over $2000 short and that makes me a bit nervous. However I know my Father is King in Heaven and doesn't hesitate to give to me. 

If you are curious, here is the website http://www.g42leadershipacademy.org/ and if you are so inclined to give please do so through paypal.me/Acasia 

Thanks for reading!! I'll keep you all updated I hope and with pictures to come!
Besos,
Acasia 

Comments

Popular Posts